5 Reasons You Should Add Item Specifics on eBay
What are item specifics?
“Item specifics are descriptive keywords that tell a buyer about your item. They may include brand, size, length, width, height, type, color or style, and many more, and vary depending on what you’re selling. They’re easy to add directly through eBay or within third-party tools.”
Benefits of Item Specifics –
- Maximize Reach – Sellers can maximize organic search traffic by filling out the category data within the product specifics with a maximum of relevant characteristics. With item specifics, the product listing translates into filters shoppers use when searching for items. You will also get free organic search traffic from customers looking for a specific characteristic.
- Top Ranking – You will gain rank in the search algorithm (since you have provided lots of relevant specifications) and your product will be visible in the top search results on eBay. eBay openly states that relevant and proper item specifics will impact directly on the search results for the listing’s visibility. If ignored, listings will be eliminated from search results when people use the filter feature.
- Increase Sales – Top ranking products will have a direct impact on the sales, as many Buyers will most likely buy from the top results. eBay will display the listing which has more specific and polished characteristics, as compared to one with only a few limited information.
- Fewer Returns – Item specifics help customers to understand exactly what they are looking to buy. This is incredibly essential for the categories that have many variables, such as appliances, jewelry electronics, fashion, and many more. Better the customer understands the product there will be more realistic expectations of the buyer and fewer returns.
- More Reviews & Ratings – An increase in sales will get more reviews on the listings Consumers trust what other buyers have experienced. In fact, 61% of customers read online reviews before making a purchase decision. Item specifics are listed in a standardized format making it easy for buyers to read the description of the item. Since you are face to face with potential buyers, complete information will leave no questions in the buyers’ minds. That’s why it’s critical to be as detailed as possible in your listings.
New Item Specifics Requirements
Over the past years, eBay has emphasized the importance of Item Specifics. This shows how they are essential to increase the visibility of listings on eBay.
eBay has announced, new mandatory item specifics for five more categories. The Item specifics are required for both new and revised listings from February 22, 2022.
Now that you’ve got an idea that how important item specifics are, you should take out time to revise your listings. and complete the blank spaces. It is absolutely essential to providing as many item specifics for the best results on eBay. To conclude, item specifics clear the picture in the buyer’s minds that what exactly you are selling from your product specifics which allows a quick buying decision and makes your listing meet the buyer’s search.